Hi, I'm Nolan Knill.
Backend Web Developer
Object-oriented development (extensive use of Zend Framework 1.12 and Zend Framework 2, and Symfony 1.4 PHP MVC Frameworks). Computer Programmer Analyst background
Freelance development experience in Wordpress, Ruby on Rails, and EmberJS.
Professional scripting experience with Python and Postgresql
- Technology: PHP
- Description: Site where users have the ability to take surveys, create surveys, save surveys, view results of surveys. Includes user authentication.
- View Github Repo
- Currently being redone in Ruby on Rails: Github Repo
Bijoux By Amy
- Technology: Ruby on Rails, EmberJS
- Work: Freelance project. Finished remaining leftover work for completion/launch of the site, including a customised admin panel for blog in Rails
Achimota Centre for Children with Autism
- Technology: Ruby on Rails
- Description: Achimota Centre came to us with a problem when trying to save student's learning progress. This app helps teachers store and view progress of students in their programs.
- Full CRUD on students, test scores, progress
- Project lasted two semesters (8-months) for Systems Project I course
- Private git repo used for collaboration of 4-person team
- Work: Freelance project. Converted a PSD into a Wordpress theme with dynamic contact form creation
- *EDIT: It appears as though the site has gone through a redesign since my initial work in 2012. Archived version of Nutrafarms.ca
motum b2b [January 2014 - Present]
- Technologies: PHP, Zend Framework 1.12, MySQL, AngularJS, PhoneGap, SASS
- Client work includes customized CMS's, hybrid apps (iPad specifically), marketplaces, landing pages, and marketing automation integration, API creation & utilization for external apps
CityDirect [May 2011 - December 2013]
- Technologies: PHP, Symfony 1.4, Python, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Maintained and upgraded the CityDirect.info internet directory of businesses, including custom-built CMS and CRMs.
- Creation of Pinterest-clone: FaveThing.com using PHP, Symfony 1.4 MVC
- Three full semesters (One year) of full-time co-op experience, as well as three semesters of part-time experience